Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cut it out!

Well, finally the next run is being cut! End of this week it'll be ready, and once the screens up are made up, it's full steam ahead with the printing. I have to print each panel before they're assembled then take them to my new CMT place for... assembly!

It's OK once you get into the swing of things, infact it can be quite therapeutic! But starts to get a little old by around 1am... especially we you begin work at 6:30am that morning. 

The wheels have been set in motion for a grant application from the CCC for a new project I'm really keen on pushing to find another local artist. So here's hoping they'll be able to throw a bit of cash my way, the next artists is sorted and I'm stoked to report it is Auckland based graphic designer and artist Nicky Perry with a piece called Chaos. I'll post a pic asap. But seeing as I've got to always plan ahead, I need to find some more talent and I really do like the idea of getting local artists out there, even more so now that nüdel is getting some media attention.

Phase 1. Take Christchurch to the masses
Phase 2. Take New Zealand to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment