Monday, April 27, 2009

nüdel blog blogged about

The lovely Anne Rash up there in Auckland posted a blog about nüdel on her site The Owlander, check it out! 

Things are trucking along, elastic for the waist band is at the screen printers having the logo printed on - this is a damn fiddly job which would take me waaay too long especially seeing as I don't have carousel. Screen Concepts do a really good job too, I'd be too inconsistent. Having the logo sewn into the elastic would be ideal but apparently that's near impossible to do with nylon elastic. Screen printing it is fine but also quite pricy and obviously not as durable as having the letters woven in. One day!

Ah behind the scenes, well now I've finished all the printing this table will gradually be immersed with all types of clutter until the next run. The thing about printing is it really makes me feel as if I have actually done something - the result is tangible, unlike spending hours trying to work out how to set up an online shop or entering stock info in a spreadsheet or chasing up retailers. But it's all work which needs to be done at the end of the day, and I should count myself lucky I live in a country where I am able to start my own business, let alone eat good food every day, wear ok clothes, go out with mates etc. Some times it's good to put things into perspective. I look forward to the day when I can give back to people who need, when I can support myself through nüdel alone and have profit left over to help someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment